Genomics Field Application Specialist EMEA – Sales – Biotechnology – Ref.: HA260220LS
As a Genomics Field Applications Scientist based in Europe you will cover Nordics, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa supporting customers and distributors. You will provide remote and on-site customer training and applications support, facilitate instrument sales by conducting technical seminars and product demonstrations, and manage customer sites with the goal of maximizing use of our client’s microfluidic genomics platforms in the field. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenge, and work well in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
- Conduct on-site customer training courses.
- Provide phone, email, and in-person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis.
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, presentations).
- Provide technical sales support by conducting applications-based seminars and product demonstrations.
- Manage proof-of-principle experiments for potential customers evaluating or writing grant applications for purchase of the instruments.
- Conduct new product evaluation/testing with R&D and beta test sites.
- Provide constructive personal and customer feedback to R&D team.
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database.
- Communicate project status, issues to management, users and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc degree in Biological Sciences and 3-5 years of hands-on lab experience in Life Sciences required.
- Preferred Masters or Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Previous experience in field applications support is desired.
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, applications, and analysis of qPCR, SNP Genotyping and NGS applications required.
- High level bioinformatics skills are highly desirable.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel at least 60% of the time.
- Excellent organisational skills and technical writing ability.
- Strong communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline.
- Fluent in oral and written English required.