Our client is a world-leading expert in structural chemistry data, software and knowledge for materials and life sciences research and development. They specialise in the collation, preservation and application of scientific structural data for use in pharmaceutical discovery, materials development, research and education.
The sales manager takes overall responsibility for achieving the sales team revenue. To be successful you should be experienced in B2B selling, understand how to get the best out of a global sales team and effectively manage a sales pipeline and accurately forecast revenue. The sales manager is responsible for hiring, training and development of the sales team (10 roles) setting weekly, monthly and quarterly goals. Providing regular reports demonstrating performance against these targets. You will provide inspiring leadership to achieve the revenue goals of the company. Reporting to the head of commercial based in Cambridge, UK you will be home-based with the ability to visit company headquarters in Cambridge as needed.
- Manage a growing, global sales team currently comprising 10 field sales and 3 internal sales
- Set sales quota and ensure performance of sales team against revenue and product/service quotas
- Ensure company resources are effectively allocated to support the pre-sales cycle
- Provide accurate revenue and customer forecasts to the business
- Collaborate with marketing and sales enablement teams to ensure effective delivery of sales campaigns
- Ensure sales team remain current with the latest sales methodologies
- Ensure the sales team represent the company values
- Experienced in commercial team management
- Trained in a recognised B2B sales methodology (e.g. Miller-Heiman)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Preferably Chemistry, Pharmaceutical science or Life sciences experience