Location: Based in Germany
Our client is an established UK-based Life Sciences company, which develops new instrumentation systems, software and consumable products for the biopharmaceutical, biotech and synthetic biology industries based on its core droplet microfluidics technology. They have a range of novel single-cell encapsulation instruments and consumables that perform high-throughput, single-cell (and molecule) analysis. The Company has recently raised $40 million which it is using to fund a significant expansion of its technical and business teams.
As part of their growth strategy, they are now looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the DACH region, based in Germany.
- Serve as a key sales contact for the company in the DACH region and other designated territories
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve target sales/revenue quota
- Responsible for the company’s product sales mainly instrumentation in the designated region
- Travel to customer sites for sales meetings when required
- Work with FAS/Applications team to help deliver technical presentations and successful demos/evaluations.
- Manages existing customer relationships and continuously identifies new opportunities in order to build a sales pipeline
- Lead-generating activities may include using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Monocl etc and working with the Inside Sales team, marketing and attending exhibitions/conferences
- Successfully position products to meet customer needs in a competitively-differentiated fashion and effectively communicate the value proposition.
- Manage the complete sales cycle, mainly for instrument sales opportunities from a commercial perspective.
- Upsell and cross-sell existing customers
- Document and track all leads, opportunities, contacts, and activity history consistently per best practices within Salesforce.com
- Attendance and contribution to regular sales meetings
- Contribute to marketing and application development activities
- B.Sc or higher in biochemistry, biology or a related field; a degree in a different life science subject and relevant work experience may be considered
- Track record of accomplishment in capital equipment sales
- Strong account management capabilities
- Excellent solution sales/complex sales experience
- Dedication to becoming an expert on company products, customer needs, and market competition
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to travel extensively, domestically and internationally, including a valid passport
- Fluency in English