Our client is a company established in 1972 which has since worked its way up to a leading manufacturer of airborne particle counters in Europe and the USA. The Company X now sets the standards for monitoring and controlling cleanroom manufacturing environments. Its products are used widely in the pharmaceutical, chemical blending, industrial manufacturing, semi-conductors, precision optics and aerospace industries.
It employs more than 550 employees and has over 35 distributors in more than 50 countries, with a focus on Europe. It is part of a bigger group based out of the UK with 8.300 employees in total, which itself focusses on instruments, processes and services to enhance productivity and controls.
Increasing demand from German customers and the launch of a Version 2 of a key product line has led to the opening of the exciting new position of Business Development Manager Germany.
As the new Business Development Manager Germany you will be responsible for selling particle monitoring systems and related software primarily to pharmaceutical manufacturers to help them improve their production processes.
The majority of your time will consist of hunting out new customers; a certain amount of time will be spent with established customers proposing updates, renewals and new products.
You will install small systems yourself, bigger systems will be installed by one of the supporting European application specialists.
The role requires 3 days a week travel on customer site in Germany, and 2 days of home office as well as 2x /year travel across Europe for sales meetings and Training
- Degree in pharmaceutical-related Life Sciences discipline, eg microbiology, biology, pharmacy, chemistry
- OR a degree in Automation, Software engineering with proven professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 5 years professional sales experience
- Hunter mentality
- Energy, motivation and drive
- Fluent English and German
- individual contributor – currently no personnel responsibilities
- Home-based position
- the German team consists of 14 employees
- the European commercial team consists of 130 people, including back office