Vacancy: Field Application Specialist Consumables Germany (Hybrid: anywhere in Germany, approx. 3 days on-site and 2 days out of the home office or vice versa)
Company Overview Particle Measuring Systems (PMS)
PMS was established in 1972 and has worked its way up to a leading manufacturer of airborne particle counters in Europe and the USA. The company now sets the standards for monitoring and controlling cleanroom manufacturing environments.
It employs more than 550 employees over 35 distributors in more than 50 countries mainly in Europe and is headquartered in the USA. Our client is part of the Spectris group based out of the UK with 8.300 employees in total, which itself focuses on instruments, processes and services to enhance productivity and controls.
The manufacture of precise and sensitive particle counters is PMS’s core capability, due to many years of experience in instrument manufacturing. Increased demand from German customers encouraged PMS to open this new and exciting position of Field Application Specialist Consumables Germany.
PMS pursues excellence through
- Restless innovation
- Absolute integrity
- Customer focus
- High performance
The company assigns great emphasis to company culture and is committed to eminent, professional, and respectable service. It promotes nothing less than ethical behaviour and morals at all levels and in every situation.
Products and Markets
PMS helps industries improve their production processes by developing and supplying innovative products for cleanrooms.
- Air-borne particle counters
- Liquid particle counters
- Microbial samplers
- Compressed gas particle counters
- Software data management systems
The Life Sciences division team work with customers from the pharma industry to enhance their sterility assurance best practices and compliance. Quality Data is collected with PMS Instrumentation and Systems/Software, e.g. microbial samplers, particle counters & Facility Monitoring systems and used to ensure quality decisions can be taken on the final drug product. Together with the consultancy, know How & Software there is a strong value proposition for the sterility assurance solution. Within PMS key competencies the offering includes solutions for cleaning and disinfection and single-use microbiological products.
As the FAS Consumables, your role will comprise supporting the established customer base in the region as well as the acquisition of new customers. Your goal is to increase sales of a range of microbiological & service products by providing application expertise to the organisation and the company’s customers. Creating awareness, instilling competence and positioning complete portfolio solutions to the field sales team paired with the transfer of technical and regulatory expertise to the sales managers of the company and their customers will be a key aspect of the role. Your specific focus will be on Microbiology / Sterility Assurance products (air sampling, cleaning & disinfection, consultancy, RMM and any new product introductions in this area). Driving the sales cycle (from lead to order) and identifying best practices for the approach of new customers and identifying customers and potentials to be targeted. Whereas targeted customers will be primarily the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in Germany.
A certain amount of your time will be dedicated to presenting PMS products, technologies and solutions at regional conferences, local events and customer sites. Furthermore, the successful candidate is expected to provide expertise and support for microbiological trials at the customer site, in-house and to provide answers to customer questions (application & validation
studies). The training of the sales team to increase their selling abilities and technical skills is another critical responsibility.
Germany is the 2nd largest market in Europe and your contributions will be highly visible throughout the company. PMS is committed to providing you with needed resources to bring
about strong revenue growth.
- Degree in pharmaceutical manufacturing or a related Life Sciences discipline, eg Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Technology)
- ALTERNATIVELY, a significant (>5 years) experience in a related field could also be considered
- The candidate though must have a background in cleaning & disinfection, pharmaceutical monitoring and know-how on concepts of sterility assurance and associated services
- Experience and knowledge in the matter of challenger, strategic and solution selling as well as key account management is required
- An experience in the areas of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and/or Sterility Assurance would be critical
- Fluent English and German
- A minimum of 3 days a week at customer sites and up to 2 days of remote work and support from the home office will be typical and expected
- The candidate is expected to attend several times per year sales meetings and training in Europe and the USA
- Competitive base salary + up to 20% variable
- Individual contributor – currently no personnel responsibilities
- Home-based position including the necessary work equipment (IT)
- Challenging, exciting and varied tasks with an international and future-oriented company
can be expected
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making lines
- Company car, which can also be used privately
- German team consists of 14 employees
- European commercial team consists of 130 people, including back office
- (just for information the German offices are in Dresden and Darmstadt)