In addition to providing individual counselling services, george james runs highly focussed and highly practical programmes which provide delegates with a thorough grounding in the skills and techniques required to both maximise their ability to identify new opportunities and to secure a new position.
An intensive one day course, entitled “the learning experience” is highly interactive and places strong emphasis on practical outcomes. Delegates will gain additional benefit from the experience of other participants on the course
Outplacement – Level 1 – The Fundamentals of Job Hunting
At the end of the course the participants will:
- Understand how to evaluate their strengths & weaknesses and identify their USPs.
- Understand the purpose of a CV and the importance of dedicating time to writing an impactful one as this is their key marketing tool. It covers topics such as, the need to make every word count and the importance of format and style. It needs to be a compelling read!
- How to craft correspondence to accompany their CV
- Understand how to tailor their CVs and application letters to match job opportunities
- Appreciate the importance of crafting a opening statement and how to do it well
- Know where to look for new opportunities
- Understand how to best market themselves, including the value of networking and how to optimise this
- Understand the recruitment process and time lines
- How to prepare for an interview/recruitment process including how to handle objections
- How to manage an interview
- How to follow up an interview
- Appreciate what to do during a period of unemployment in order to remain employable at the right level. The need to treat looking for work as work
- Appreciate how to manage the emotional “stigma” that redundancy can bring
- Leave the course with confidence and a positive mind set that comes from having a plan of how to obtain their next position
- Have established a personal link with recruitment professionals at george james ltd for ongoing support and advice
Who should attend?
- Anyone who may lose their job who is not experienced in all aspects above and who does not have a new position to move to
- Anyone who has been unemployed for any amount of time and needs new ideas and a new plan of how to secure a new position
- Open course £295 + VAT
- In house coursed for maximum of 12 people £2,380 + VAT and expenses.