Galvin is a Consultant, Interim Manager and Non-Executive Director with over 35 years’ experience in international sales, marketing, product development, manufacturing and general management in global medical device companies. He specialises in IP and innovative technology commercialisation and has experience with start-ups as well as working with medical technology companies through growth to exit.
Galvin provides practical experience to medical technology companies.
- Business Plan Preparation
- Business Plan Implementation
- Business Performance Improvement
- Business Development
- Strategic Review
- International Marketing Direction
Galvin also works with venture capital investors in medical companies.
- Commercial Due Diligence
- Business Plan Appraisal
- Strategic Advice
- Non-Executive Direction
- Interim Management
Client Case Studies
- 3i – Consultancy regarding the proposed spin out of an oncology business from a microwave ablation medical device company, involving the transfer of IP.
- MDY Healthcare – Commercial Due Diligence on a medical device company during its acquisition from University College, London.
- Riverside Europe – Commercial Due Diligence on Summit Medical, a medical device company, during its acquisition by Riverside from Graphite Capital.
- Lombard Medical – Interim General Management for a cardiovascular company, based in the USA, to gain FDA approval.
- Novarix – Consultancy during development of IV-Eye, an infra-red imaging device for locating veins and assisting in insertion of intravenous devices.
- University of Manchester – Consultancy related to the development of spinal microgels for the treatment of Degenerative Disc Disease.
- Imperial Innovations Limited – Commercial Due Diligence on Stanmore Implants Worldwide regarding a £4million investment.
- Orthogem – Interim CEO for an orthobiologics company with responsibility for all general management issues including fundraising.
Non-Executive Director Experience
- SwabTech Limited – Chairman of a medtech business which is developing a system to automatically extract blood from surgical swabs for processing via intraoperative cell salvage.
- Sisk Healthcare Group – NED of a diversified medical business with €120million revenues until its acquisition by Uniphar in September 2018.
- Jellagen Limited – Chairman of a medical company which is commercialising new sources of collagen for use in cell culture, wound care and biologics.
- Medicina Holdings Limited – Chairman of a Business Growth Funded medical company which was acquired by HMC Premedical SpA, Italy.
If you would like to speak to Galvin you can contact email@example.com
Free services supported by paid for services. If you or any of your contacts are considering engaging a recruiter, consultant or trainer we will welcome the opportunity to be considered.