Our UK-based client is an established Life Science company which provides instruments and specialist consumables for the global pharmaceutical and academic research community. Their leading platform is a next generation single cell analysis system for antibody discovery and cell line development. The VP Sales and Marketing will develop and implement the Company’s global Sales and Marketing strategy and 5-year plan, building out their global commercial capabilities. Other responsibilities include:
- Perform commercial due diligence on competitive or other target companies.
- Build the Company’s business profile via advertising, (digital) marketing, exhibitions, conference presentations and client visits.
- Assistance in demonstrating and presenting the Company’s commercial plans to external Parties.
- Responsible for sales and marketing in UK and other select regions (not covered by direct sales or distributors).
- Responsible for managing distributor managers, marketing managers, sales managers, and product managers.
- Proactively recommend new relevant services, product ideas or alliance partners.
- Serve as a key Sales executive for the Company.
- Present Sales and Marketing reports or presentations to the Board and other Third Parties.
Candidates to have a minimum of a Batchelors degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry or a relevant Life Sciences area (e.g. cell biology, molecular biology). The role holder will also have a minimum 8 years’ experience in successfully selling high value instrumentation and services to Biopharma, established experience of leading a commercial team and possess a strong EMEA network in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.