Location: Field based Germany or Austria
Our client is an innovative leader in the life science industry committed to improving the human condition. They hire team members who share this commitment, and, in turn, they strive to create an environment where you can do your best work.
Their life science analytical and preparatory systems in cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Their mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
They are a values-driven organization. They believe strong shared values are essential for them to evolve and grow and to be successful for the long term. They inform their relationships with customers, suppliers, investors and each other. They ensure that they model respect and inclusiveness in their words and actions.
Our client values their employees and they commit to:
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development
- Value your contribution and respond to your feedback
- Host regular company-wide events with opportunities to travel widely in Europe
They are also building a positive culture where their people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by their core values:
Create what customers need next.
Drive to make a difference.
Collaborate and learn.
Our client is looking for a Cytometry Key Accounts Manager responsible for leading the market and commercial development strategy and tactics for their Cytometry and Imaging solutions in the assigned Territory, to achieve market penetration and financial objectives:
- Ensure positioning of Cytometry and Imaging products portfolio (High-End Instruments and Consumables) consistently with the market opportunities, changing competitive landscape, and new technologies
- Developing the presence and visibility of the company and identifying, contacting and qualifying prospects in Academic Centers, University Hospitals, Biopharma/CRO and Large Biotech
- Establish strong working relationships and business opportunities with strategic Accounts, Key Opinion Leaders and local Cytometry, Imaging, Immunology and Oncology Networks and Associations
- Together with Marketing function, contribute to lead generation
- Ensure regular updates of sales opportunities and provide an accurate forecast
- Partnering with Field Applications Specialists, offering customer insight and partnership with clients on innovation and research
- Delivering pre-sales technical presentations on Cytometry and Imaging solutions
- Negotiating sales, generating and coordinating related contracts and post-sales strategy
- Monitor and report regional market trends, collect and manage competitive intelligence and market data, identifying new market opportunities
- Participate in scientific conferences, tradeshows and related field support activities
- Achieve technical and applications knowledge on the product portfolio
- Represent the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times
- Minimum 2 years’ of successful sales, business development and/or marketing leadership experience in Life Sciences or Diagnostics
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- Ideally, knowledge of high parameters flow cytometry, imaging and/or digital pathology technologies, market dynamics and value propositions
- Relevant experience in commercial account management, selling large capital equipment and proprietary consumables, with a proven track record in achieving sales quotas
- Strong knowledge of large Academic Centers, University Hospitals, Biopharma/CRO and Large Biotech
- Data-driven decision-making individual, with the ability to translate strategic plans into actions for continuous improvement
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information and articulate high-level summaries and priorities
- Sound business acumen with a keen business development understanding
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Cross-cultural agility and sensitivity
- Potential to become a larger part of the organization in the foreseeable future
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time, primarily across the assigned territory