Our customer is a Custom Research & Manufacturing organization & part of an Indian conglomerate with diversified business interests that include batteries, software, media, cement, ceramic tiles, retail, insurance, hotels & specialty chemicals. It is in the business of custom chemical manufacturing of Nucleosides & Specialty Chemicals products catering to versatile customer segmentation including Specialty Chemicals, Material Science, Agro Chemicals, Life Science & Pharmaceutical customers worldwide. The company is building upon its solid Chemistry expertise and offers capabilities that include basic research, process development, scale-up, and large-scale manufacturing. The company is well established and has built a strong corporate framework focused on customer satisfaction, quality, safety, ethics, and integrity. Their ability to deliver significant value to customers by leveraging scientific skills, global mindset, and cost competitiveness differentiate them as one of the most preferred partners. They offer custom synthesis and contract research services mainly through Fee for Service (FFS). Further, they provide a comprehensive basket of services for developing new products, processes, and novel technologies to its clients with complete large-scale manufacturing support ensuring stringent customer specifications and regulatory compliances. The company focuses on four key business areas: Nucleosides, Specialty Chemicals, Organometallics & Contract manufacturing. The company has a facility in India for Contract R&D, Custom Synthesis, Contract Manufacturing, and Toll Manufacturing. The company is now looking to expand its sales & marketing function across global regions & territories. We are looking at dynamic sales professionals in Germany who are passionate with entrepreneurial mindset & eager to expand their horizons & be a part of their exciting growth journey.
Reporting to – Managing Director & CEO.
Team – Currently an individual contributor/expected to lead region/territory sales/customer support operations in near future.
Geographic Location – Western Europe (including coverage of UK & Ireland).
Work Location – Home Office based in Germany.
This is a Sales & Business Development role, responsible for creating sales pipelines for their Product portfolio and promoting Custom Synthesis and Manufacturing capabilities in assigned territory/region. An incumbent should be based out of home office & expected to play the following major roles:
- Drive existing products sales to existing and new customers achieving agreed sales & EBIDTA targets.
- Expand customer base for Nucleosides product portfolio including research sales.
- Identify opportunities for Specialty Chemicals Business Unit by promoting Custom Research and manufacturing capabilities of the company.
- Explore custom manufacturing opportunities, as appropriate
- Act as a single point in contact for the country & coordinate with India corporate office for pre & post-sales activities.
- Act as a representative for the company in Germany for all legal & statutory compliance.
- Coordinate with marketing function & support tactical marketing/positioning the company’s portfolio.
- Manage existing dealer network & create/appoint dealers, as appropriate.
- Participate in conferences/seminars and appraise management about new developments in the industry
- 10 to 15 years of direct sales experience out of which last 5 years of managing and or leading sizable sales revenue in assigned region/territory.
- Prior experience of handling Nucleosides/Amidites and/or Organometallic/Specialty chemicals is essential.
- Should be comfortable with extensive travel (at least 50 % of the time).
- Master/Ph.D. in organic chemistry and MBA in marketing would be an added advantage.
- Prior hands-on experience in managing R&D/Production is desirable but not mandatory.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to stakeholders
- Sound technical knowledge of chemistry and its commercial applications.
- In-depth knowledge and a solid understanding of the dynamics of this industry in the chosen markets and passionate about business development with adequate reserves of energy
- Fluent in German and English, and additionally French would be an added advantage.
- Opportunity to work in an environment that is challenging, ambitious, and entrepreneurial.
- Flexibility in work schedule, including home office.
- Competitive salary of up to 120K euros per annum based on experience.
Opportunity to work with a global and diverse team.