Newcells Biotech is a private-equity backed biotech company focused on developing a range of cell based pre-clinical assays based on its core induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology. With the completion of a 2nd round £2m funding round in July 2018, the company has the resources to grow its existing kidney transport and nephrotoxicity platform and launch two more assays over the next two years. The company has a key differentiation in developing proprietary human cell 3-D assays for drug safety, DMPK and target validation/discovery.
Newcells is now looking to strengthen its board with NEDs who have expertise in the preclinical drug discovery and development domains with a track-record in growing CRO product and service companies. To complement the existing team they have a preference for candidates with strategic commercial skills.
The candidate profile is as follows:
- Relevant experience/track record in the drug discovery and pre-clinical safety area
- Access to contacts/introductions to customers – large and small pharma
- Experience of USA market
- Experience at senior level or board of growing a CRO type company
- More commercial or executive level than science – although having a technical understanding
- Recognised in the investment community.
- Last (or current position) – senior executive heading up drug discovery/preclinical tox in large pharma, or recent role in contract research organisation.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this role should send their enquiries/CV directly to Mike Nicholds, CEO Newcells at firstname.lastname@example.org