LabTwin is a dynamic company founded 31/2 years ago in Berlin. It develops, amongst other things, products for experimental and diagnostic laboratories based on Artificial Intelligence, working alongside scientists with the purpose of making science better.
Its products use a combination of machine learning and voice recognition technologies. One such Digital Lab Assistant product has been recognized by enterprises for its enhanced experiment reproducibility, improved audibility and significant time savings.
The Company’s culturally diverse, multi-gender and multi-disciplinary team of over 42 full-time employees thrives on challenges and with their blend of experience in molecular biology, laboratory software, robotics, engineering, user-centred design and strategic business building, they craft solutions that equally satisfy the needs of end-users as well as decision-makers. With the flat hierarchy of a start-up, but the financial backing of a large corporation, LabTwin values curiosity and innovation in their people which helped them achieve great things in 2021. LabTwin, as one of the coolest young companies of lab informatics firms, work with emerging technologies to make products that revolutionize the day-to-day work in the lab and they would now like to enrich the team with a Global Head of Product / Director Product Management.
This person will join the Management Team and be responsible for managing the “Product Project” to gain greater market share at greater ROI and who will play a significant role in helping them achieve even greater goals.
Location: Germany, preferably Berlin (relocation package offered)
Reporting to the CEO
This skilled person will be part of a diverse interdisciplinary management team with a great mission: helping passionate and innovative scientists accelerate their scientific discovery. He/she will have a science degree and be an experienced product manager.
KEY ASPECTS OF THIS SENIOR ROLE INCLUDE:
- Lead a team of ~10 direct reports (product managers and R&D managers, later potentially QA managers as well) creating a work culture to maximize efficiency and team performance,
- Using data-driven decision-making, as well as agile and traditional methods prioritize product development investments with the largest enterprise impact at scale,
- Streamline development processes, increasing productivity for LabTwin’s SaaS products,
- Communicate the corporate vision and enhance communication transparency,
- Optimize the market adoption for their next-generation technology
- Represent strategic product management at management meetings
- PRODUCT VISION: Masterfully Communicate the company’s Current Value Proposition & Business Model to all audiences (internally and externally)
- PRODUCT EXECUTION: Proven Ability to Optimize Product and Product-Extensions Profitability.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT: Proven Ability to Manage and Optimize the Development Process with Enterprise and Multi-Platform Product
- TEAM LEADERSHIP: Leads and encourages true Teamwork; Developing the Team; Communicative Visionary
- SENIOR MANAGER: Speak the Language of Senior Management and Business Decision-Makers
- CEO, Co-founder
- Department Heads, particularly Head of Engineering (all senior)
- Product developers, Engineers and R&D
- Commercial team
- Marketing Department
- Users, Purchasers and other Decision Makers at customer site
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Biology/Chemistry with a demonstrated interest in an IT-related field
- Alternatively a bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Information Systems, Data Analytics or similar with professional exposure to the pharmaceutical industry
- 10-15 years as Product Manager, Marketing or Product Developer eg for software(SaaS) or data analytics application in the Life Science sector
- Strong exposure to & deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and understands the Top5 applications
- Expertise in agile V-Modell Software development under GAMP5 aspects for the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands-on laboratory experience is a strong plus
- Experience managing an international team (or willingness to do so)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages (eg German) are a strong plus
- Pattern- and synergy-finder
- Communicative team-player
- Able to inspire and motivate
- Able to balance the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning, making mistakes quickly and mitigating the risks
- Willing to relocate, if necessary
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Development and communication of 12-month rolling product roadmap
- Number of customer projects brought to completion
The Main Challenge: Deploying SaaS solutions in the pharmaceutical industry
BENEFITS / WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Highly competitive salary
- 30 days’ vacation
- Share of the relocation costs
- Support in obtaining a work visa
- Opportunity for personal development and training eg German classes; management training
- Ownership, creativity and cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work schedule including home office, meeting-free Fridays
- Free gym membership, healthy snacks, great coffee
- Opportunity to work in one of the best office spaces in the centre of Berlin, with a beautiful garden, roof terrace with grill and of course an AC for very hot summers.