Our client, a family-owned SME, has developed and manufactured for more than 55 years high tech solutions for the biotechnology market and has worked its way up to being one of the major “players” within the incubation shakers and bioreactor markets worldwide. The Company provides state-of-the-art products, which are complemented with in-house software and other services.
As an interdisciplinary, international team, they work closely with their customers to develop complete solutions with user-friendly instruments. With its world headquarters based in Europe, it employs more than 250 people in Europe, USA, Brazil, and China working with numerous distributors to cover the rest of the world.
The Company stands for unsurpassed product quality, delivering outstanding customer service. Manufacturing is located in Europe and the US, allowing short delivery times for customers around the world.
Increased demand especially from German customers encouraged our client to open this new and exciting position of Area Sales Manager West Germany.
The ASM will hunt out new customers for the sales of the Companies’ products in the designed area (mainly post codes 40 to 48 and 51 to 69) primarily in the pharmaceutical industry and academia/university institutes.
The person will understand the biotechnology industry as well as have a good grasp of IT tools.
Of critical importance is the presence of a hunter mentality. The ideal candidate must have:
- sound knowledge of the natural sciences, ideally vocational training/studies in biotechnology;
- > 3 years of professional sales experience;
- experience in the sale of highly complex/explanatory products is an advantage;
- willingness to travel up to 30%
The candidate will:
- be an individual contributor and there are currently no personnel responsibilities attached to this position;
- directly report to the German GM;
- integrate into a sales team across Europe.
This will be a home-based position.