Nick is a joint British / Irish national living in Scotland. He has worked for over 30 years in manufacturing operations in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. He now provides consulting services for manufacturing strategy, expansion and improvement projects, and business transformation. Nick also provides interim management services in Operations, Quality and Site Head roles.
Nick’s key specialisms include:
- Leading Operations: I have led manufacturing operations at large (2000 employees) and small (100 employees) sites with budgets up to $100m making products with multi $billion sales. I can advise on strategies for growth and improvement.
- Cross Function Leadership: As a Site Head and General Manager I have had responsibility for all functions at manufacturing sites, and in some case including customer service and supply chain. I can advise on cross function projects for start-up’s, lead time reduction, and regulatory approval.
- Culture Change: I have had responsibility for a Lean Six Sigma programme delivering a 25% cost reduction at a large site. This work included leading a culture change programme. I can help design transformation and change projects and coach managers on how to make sustained improvements.
- Coaching: As my career has progressed, I have spent more time coaching managers to improve, and also in Lean Manufacturing methods and how to sustain CI programmes.
Recent Consulting Experience:
- Business Turnaround – Interim Site Head roles addressing major quality issues at a pharmaceutical site in Greece and loss of volume and profitability at pharmaceutical site in France.
- Coaching Lean Management – introducing Lean Management systems in 3 different manufacturing sites, including visual management, standard work, 5S, Hoshin, Lean Assessment.
- Manufacturing Start-up – I was one of the leaders of a green field start-up with a $2 billion investment, and led a $500 billion capital project, both for high tech biotech sites in Ireland. Included preparing for and achieving FDA and EMA approvals.
- International collaboration – I have worked in UK, Ireland, US, Austria, France, Greece, and Spain, including roles in trans-national management teams reporting to a boss overseas.
- Safety Transformation – I was part of the site leadership team for a “Zero Injuries” culture-based safety transformation that succeeded in a sustainable 5-fold reduction in injuries.
Previous Key Career Roles:
- Famar – Business Unit Head at Alimos, Athens, Greece and at Orleans, France.
- Alexion – Executive Director and Plant Manager, College Park, Dublin.
- Valneva SE – General Manager and VP Manufacturing Operations, Livingston, UK.
- Pfizer – Senior Director of Manufacture at Grange Castle, Dublin, Ireland.
- GlaxoSmithKline – Site Director, Beckenham, UK. Previous roles in GSK asTechnology Transfer Manager, Project Manager and Development Scientist at various sites.
If you would like to speak to Nick you can contact email@example.com
Free services supported by paid for services. If you or any of your contacts are considering engaging a recruiter, consultant or trainer we will welcome the opportunity to be considered.