Technical Sales Representative – Biotechnology – Ref.: TB1905PCR
We are looking to recruit a UK based Sales professional to build up our sales of existing products and to grab market share across Northern UK.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced molecular biologist coupled with experience of selling life science kits and reagents. They would have a business development approach to identifying market opportunities, a good understanding of the sales processes and the empathy to strengthen our existing excellent customer relationships. Molecular biology graduates with laboratory experience looking to break into sales will also be considered.
An excellent communicator with the ability to engage knowledgeably and confidentially with a range of customers from different disciplines, such as laboratory technical and managerial personnel to end-users. Applicants will need to be comfortable delivering confident and assured product demonstrations and presentations.
Applicants should be based on territory, and willing to travel as this sales area covers a large geographical area. Consequently overnight stays will be required on a routine basis if the opportunities in the territory are to be fully exploited
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- To manage a core territory as determined by the Sales Manager so that agreed sales and profitability targets are delivered.
- To attain annual sales to pre-defined sales targets within the territory by both growing the number of products sold to each customer and growing the number of customers.
- To pro-actively develop, monitor and manage customer accounts.
- To communicate market intelligence on customer needs and competitor activity.
- To own, manage, keep up to date and ensure all appropriate databases are accurate. This particularly includes the CRM system.
- To pro-actively network with customers and prospects at specialist meetings, forums, presentations etc.
- To attend exhibitions and demonstration as required.
- To deliver territory based sales campaigns and achieve the planned new sales.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Achievement orientated – ability to set and achieve goals.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly motivational and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills
- Empathetic and objective approach to customer and market needs and the ability to offer solutions to customer’s problems
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – face to face – written – good telephone manner.
- Possess a current valid driving license
- Educated to degree level – preferably molecular biology.