Walk With Path was set up in 2014 in London with a mission to improve mobility for people with chronic diseases and the elderly. The first product, Path Finder, was launched in 2017, as a medical device for people with Parkinson’s disease, alleviating freezing of gait, a debilitating symptom of the disease. At first, PathFinder was available on a B2C basis only, via our website, but we have since started building up a distributor network, and gained reimbursement in Denmark and Norway from 2019. A clinical study is planned in the NHS to enable healthcare economics to be established.
Walk With Path set up a subsidiary in Copenhagen in 2018, and secured a grant from the European Commission in 2019. This enables Walk With Path to develop a second product, Path Feel, an active feedback insole for diabetics with neuropathy to be able to achieve better balance and mobility. Path Feel is also connected, enabling personalized medicine and diagnostics. Path Feel is slated for launch at the end of 2021, following a clinical study being performed by Manchester Metropolitan University www.walkwithpath.com/about-us/
Profile description for NED:
- Track record with setting up new medical devices commercially – either as own company or launching new products within a larger organisation.
- Large network within health tech reimbursement and potential strategic partners.
- International experience – ideally including the US.
- Experience with raising investment desired.
- Ideally some experience in diabetes.
If the role is of interest to you or you have any specific questions, then please do direct them to their CEO, Lise Pape, on email@example.com who will be delighted to hear from you.