Our client is looking for a top performing Field Service Engineer in the DACH region, Nordics and Benelux to serve as the primary customer contact on technical and service-related issues across their portfolio of Mass Cytometry and PCR-based microfluidics businesses. Individuals must be able to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry. BSc in Science or Engineering discipline with 4 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training.
Perform installation, maintenance, and repair services on systems located at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions.
- Contribute to high-value service related procedures and documents.
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly.
- Adopt and leverage our CRM business policies, procedures, and reporting.
- 60% travel is routinely required on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline with 4 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training
- Technical support/service experience required.
- Substantial working knowledge of optical, electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Prior work with Life Science instrumentation, especially Mass Spectrometers is highly desirable.
- Salesforce.com / ServiceMax familiarity a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills