European Sales Development Specialist – Lab Products – Ref.: FB161219BBL
Our client develops, manufactures and commercialises innovative lab equipment designed to simplify and structure the daily work of lab employees. The combination of 3D-printing and intricate metalwork allows them to cross new frontiers in product development while simultaneously shortening product development time.
Have you always dreamed about bringing pioneering unique products to the market? Then this is absolutely the job for you.
Risk-takers with a real scientific interest and a strong passion to embark on a rewarding career in sales and business development are a perfect fit for this vital role within the new company. We are looking for the inspired and the inspirational; people brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the working lives of people across Europe. So, if you want to make the lab world say wow, let’s talk.
Location: preferably Dresden
Reporting to: Founder and CEO
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Sales of Game-Changing lab equipment
- Mainly Inside Sales, but also some customer visits
- Development and implementation of strategies to win new customers in Europe, focussing on DACH
- Win new customers including cold calling
- Looking after established customers
- Consultative selling offering tailor-made solutions to customers
- Knowledgeable representative on customer site
- Customer communications by telephone, email and in person
- Market analysis and competitive intelligence
- Participation at major congresses and tradeshows
- Sales revenue growth per year
- Number of customer visited / telephoned per month
- Number of customers named in the pipeline
- Founder and CEO as supervisor
- Founders and managers
- Key customers and channel partners in Europe
The Candidate Profile:
The role holder needs to be a driven and dynamic individual and a fast learner as well as an avid networker with good communication skills; capable of thinking strategically yet excellent in tactical implementation of programs. Also, as part of a small team the person needs to be very hands-on in all aspects of work.
Education & training:
- Minimum of a masters degree in a life science like biology or chemistry; or an economics degree with a demonstrated interest in the laboratory world
- PhD preferred
- Approx. 1-3 years’ experience in the lab universe (selling or at the bench).
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent communicator and great ability to build relationships
- Highly organised with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated all-rounder
- Autonomous, independent, a resourceful individual
The candidate must be authorised to work and travel freely in the EU.