Our client is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, they develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families. Their products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
Job Purpose – Responsible for the commercial strategy and development of the business through marketing, sales and customer service activities to drive business growth and market share. Take ownership of the customer and the customer interface making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives and expand the business Globally.
- Responsible for overseeing and developing the global commercial strategic plan.
- Directs the execution of a fully integrated commercial business plan. This includes global marketing, business analytics, market planning and market research as well as sales and customer support groups.
- Ensures our client continually Identifies changes in the environment or competitive strategies and evaluates, adjusts, or redrafts the organization’s marketing plan and philosophy accordingly for all markets worldwide.
- Direct line management of the 3 Regional Commercial Leaders, Head of Marketing and Head of Customer Support.
- As a member of the executive management team; participate in, develop and execute corporate objectives and strategy. Acting as a delegate as requested by CEO.
- Participate in Investor Relations activities, including participating in road shows, networking events, analyst meetings and others as requested
- A successful track record of at least 15+ years in a globally oriented organization, in the Life Sciences/Biotech industry, with proven ability to undertake both strategic and tactical commercial activities on an international scale.
- Demonstrable ability to assess opportunities, seek out, prioritise, and close commercial partnership or licensing agreements.
- Motivational leadership skills and track records of building and leading multi-functional commercial teams. Understanding of how to motivate different personality styles, set clear objectives and maintain high standards.
- Track record of leading an organization through rapid growth (Scale-up experience preferred)
- A team player able to work well with the technical development team to prioritise projects and accelerate time to market for new releases
- An intelligent, creative and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with the drive and determination to improve quality at every level and the business acumen to manage complex issues and environments