Business Development Manager – Diagnostics – Biotechnology – Ref.: TB2107PCR
We are looking to recruit a sales professional to build up our sales of existing, customised and off catalogue products and to grab market share across the diagnostics sector.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced molecular biologist with a successful track record of selling critical materials into the diagnostics space. They would have a business development approach to identifying market opportunities, a good understanding of the sales processes and the empathy to strengthen our existing excellent customer relationships.
An excellent communicator with the ability to engage knowledgeably and confidentially with key decision-makers, CEOs, CSOs, researchers and laboratory technicians. Applicants will need to be comfortable delivering confident and assured product demonstrations and presentations have excellent attention to detail and troubleshooting capabilities.
Applicants will be considered from any location, although he/she will ideally be located within reach of key European markets. The candidate should be willing to spend substantial amounts of time away from home, with up to 50% travel to destinations anywhere in the world.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
To achieve the volume and profit objectives for the PCRBIO product portfolio, within a specified sales territory for specific molecular diagnostic accounts, with the aim of assisting the company to achieve its overall sales and profitability targets, delivering year on year sales and profit growth.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- To manage a core set of accounts as determined by the Commercial Director so that agreed sales and profitability targets are delivered.
- To attain annual sales to pre-defined sales targets within the territory by both growing the number of products sold to each customer and growing the number of customers.
- To pro-actively develop, monitor and manage customer accounts.
- To communicate market intelligence on customer needs and competitor activity.
- To own, manage, keep up to date and ensure all appropriate databases are accurate. This particularly includes the CRM system.
- To pro-actively network with customers and prospects at specialist meetings, forums, presentations etc.
- To attend exhibitions and demonstration as required.
- To deliver territory-based sales campaigns and achieve the planned new sales.