Business Development Director (US) – Cell Therapy – Life Sciences
GeneCoda has been retained to recruit candidates in US locations with a significant client base density (e.g. Boston, MA) for the role of Business Development Director.
Our client is a well-established and significantly sized non-profit that is driven by saving human lives. Due to the nature of their existing business, which includes access and deep-rooted experience in cellular therapies, they have established a new business unit that focuses on providing a range of specialty CRO, supply chain management, cell supply and software services. For an emerging growth business unit within a well-established organization, this client has a significant pipeline focusing on companies that develop cancer immunotherapies, the hottest market in the Life Sciences sector today!
In support of growth and a unique market position, our client seeks a talented cell therapy and life science business development professional to develop and sell solutions that revolve around all phases of cell therapy and other life science development and commercialization. This role will be responsible for driving business development strategy and client engagement for this new and highly differentiated business unit. Using established solutions including sourcing of consented rare and common donor cells for research to commercialization, research support, and cell supply chain solutions; responsibilities include driving revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction across a variety of markets like academic and pharmaceutical/biotech.
The Business Development Director must be a proactive and collaborative leader, have a bias toward action, demonstrate strong capabilities to build and leverage internal and external relationships, facilitate decisions and drive opportunities to a successful conclusion. He or she will also demonstrate effective interpersonal skills necessary to influence all levels of both internal and external organizations, including executives and colleagues working in different business units.
- Using consultative skills to drive engagement, work within assigned markets to develop strong relationships with key cell therapy accounts.
- Leverage our client’s value proposition to develop and sell solutions tailored to client needs.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan for assigned markets.
- Prospect for new business and lead generation to continually build a strong sales pipeline of 2.5 – 3X revenue targets.
- Account strategy development including forecasting revenue potential for each account.
- Meet objectives for revenues, profitability and account portfolio.
Education: Minimum BS Degree with prior business development experience. Optimally, the candidate will hold a BS, MS or PhD in cell biology or related life science discipline. The selected candidate MUST be able to scientifically comprehend fields such as stem cell biology and immuno-oncology.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with biopharmaceutical development clients, especially cell therapy.
- A proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Services sales experience (i.e. CRO, CDMO, Consulting), preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop critical relationships with therapy inventors and biopharmaceutical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of cellular therapeutic area, products, and marketplace.
- Ability to interpret business’s goals and develop the business’s strategies and tactics to achieve them.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Results oriented and focused to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and translate assessment into deployment strategy.
- Cross-group collaboration skills to work within a team environment.
- Sound personal judgment leveraging applications of creative solutions to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic and ability to prioritize.
- Able to cope and thrive with levels of ambiguity found in fast-paced environments experiencing rapid growth.
- Excited by the prospect of taking risks and making decisions without complete information as well as assuming responsibility for results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including professional and creative presentation skills.
- Ability to integrate innovative ideas to accomplish corporate and individual objectives.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.